Every activity that uses energy from fossil fuels such as gas, oil and coal creates CO2, the greenhouse gas which many scientists believe is making the earth too warm and causing our climate to change. Our carbon footprint is the total amount of CO2 we create in our lives, from the fuel we put in our car, the oil, gas or coal we use for cooking and keeping our homes warm or cool, or the buses, trains and planes we take to travel.
Sometimes air travel is the quickest and more affordable way to reach our destination, but it emits more carbon than any other human activity and creates a warming effect that contributes to climate change.
Feel better about travel. Fly less. And travel thoughtfully by offsetting your air travel carbon footprint NOW.
"Carbon offsetting is not a solution but only a band-aid that gains us time. When people buy carbon offsets, some think that their emission did not 'matter'. However, the plane still took off and added carbon into the atmosphere. What the offset does is help someone else reduce their emissions. This is a relative benefit compared with the alternative scenario where the flight happens and the traveller still emits carbon as well. It is an improvement, but it will not get us to net zero. That will only be achieved if people fly less. It is still my view that if we have to fly (or emit carbon for any other activity), it is better to offset than not offset. And that is where it is critical that the provider has integrity. To my knowledge, South Pole does."
Information processed use the latest security technologies and will not be transferred to third parties.
Via Credit Card: For security reasons, South Pole does not save your Credit Card information.
Via Paypal: This payment option links to Pay Pal. Access your account with stored Credit Card information.
Note: Future upgrade will include features to offset ground travel and an accounting dashboard.
Carbon offset projects are registered under a carbon scheme to ensure international standards are met and verified by an independent 3rd party. They are financial tools and they help businesses cross economic hurdles and create resources for projects. It helps first nation economies transfer from diesel to biofuels or solar, saves forests and protect wildlife, improve livelihoods and so much more.
Around 80% of the money you invest in carbon offsetting goes to the project you choose to support, while the remaining 20% is used by South Pole to cover development, monitoring, credit issuance, administrative costs and a 2% share for NOW is donated directly to EarthCheck Research projects that positively impacts the tourism industry.
Thank you and inspire others to do the same!
We live in one planet and our future will depend on how much we care for our communities and our environment. Our actions and carbon footprint will affect others on the other side of globe. We are totally connected to the natural world and our highest responsibility must be to take care of the systems that take care of us.
It must be NOW!